Blog #2

Today in class we went over two things, the difficulty and troubles with managing time that comes with High School life, and Elbert Hubbard with his Message to Garcia essay. Currently, my high school schedule is fairly lax in comparison with some of my peers. While we were discussing what our own personal schedule was, some of the people talked about how they have very little breaks in their day to day life, even some struggling to find time to eat. Although I'm part of the cross country team, I do not suffer such an extreme lack of time. However, by the time I complete my homework I have only a couple hours before I go to sleep. This means that I'm working around twelve hours a day, which is significantly more than what I had to do in middle school. In middle school, I rarely participated in extracurricular activities, and homework took a very minuscule time in comparison to what I have to do now. This ties in fairly accurately to the theme of Message to Garcia, where the author explains how much of a hero Rowan is due to the astonishing amount of unquestioned hard work and dedication he offered. I wouldn't go as far as to describe myself anywhere near the level of dedication of Rowan, but I can give myself the fact that I'm working a lot harder than I did previously.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A poor attempt at poetry

David Fleniken Objective questions

The plague that hit Athens vs. COVID-19